Friday, October 26, 2012

Camera Trials 2

After placing the CHDK software on my IXY Digital 70, I quickly realized that the software didn't remain active after a power down. No big deal, but for the launch it needs to be active at power on.

Simply followed the Make SD Card Bootable steps and it seems to have done the trick.

Installed one of the Intervalometer scripts and have been playing around with it and some other settings.
I am looking for a script that will allow the camera to take photo's continuously at a set interval and so far this script seems to do that.  I just need to tweak it so the camera runs at its lowest power consumption. Which means I need to work out how I can shoot with the LCD off.

Also need to get myself a larger SD card for the camera. I tried an 8 GB card and the camera didn't recognize it, so I'm hoping its just the type of card and not a size thing. The current card I have is only 1 Gig and with my current tests I max the card out before the battery runs flat. When I set the quality to minimum I seem to get about 1.5 hours of battery life.  I'd assume that using high res shot would take a little more out of the battery then a lower res, but either way I will have to look at a battery expansion.

Will have to open the camera up and attach an external battery pack



No comments:

Post a Comment