Sunday, November 17, 2013

High Altitude Baloons

Thought I would look into some of various High Altitude Balloon available on the market to hopefully help me decide what I need to obtain.

My initial reading tells me I need a balloon capable of lifting my weighted payload high into the upper atmosphere. Getting the wrong balloon could lead to a low altitude burst and spoil the fun early.

I have seen a number of other HAB projects use Hwoyee Balloons but I'm sure there are many others.

Other sites :-

Kaymont Balloons - Totex Balloons


Several of the balloon websites sell different styles of balloons. Most designed for meteorigolical purposes.

Ceiling Balloons - Smaller compared to other weather balloons and is usually use to measure cloud height.
Pilot Balloons - Are usually used to measure wind speed and direction. Usually rise to 15,000 - 40,000 feet depending on the ascent rate and payload.
Sounding Balloons - These are the larger of the weather style balloons and have been known to reach heights in excess of 130,000 feet.

Kaymont Balloons suggest several balloons on their website. Such as HAB-600 for first time HAB'ers up to the HAB-3000 for higher burst altitudes.



No comments:

Post a Comment